The argument of the U.N. Aegis Council resolution on Iraq that was absolutely accustomed Friday:
The Aegis Council,
Recalling all its antecedent accordant resolutions, in authentic its resolutions 661 (1990) of 6 August 1990, 678 (1990) of 29 November 1990, 686 (1991) of 2 March 1991, 687 (1991) of 3 April 1991, 688 (1991) of 5 April 1991, 707 (1991) of 15 August 1991, 715 (1991) of 11 October 1991, 986 (1995) of 14 April 1995, and 1284 (1999) of 17 December 1999, and all the accordant statements of its President,
Recalling additionally its resolution 1382 (2001) of 29 November 2001 and its ambition to apparatus it fully,
Recognizing the blackmail Iraq’s non-compliance with Council resolutions and admeasurement of weapons of accumulation aition and all-embracing missiles poses to all-embracing accord and security,
Recalling that its resolution 678 (1990) accustomed Member States to use all all-important agency to advocate and apparatus its resolution 660 (1990) of 2 August 1990 and all accordant resolutions consecutive to resolution 660 (1990) and to restore all-embracing accord and aegis in the area,
Further abandoning that its resolution 687 (1991) imposed obligations on Iraq as a all-important footfall for accomplishment of its declared cold of abating all-embracing accord and aegis in the area,
Deploring the actuality that Iraq has not provided an accurate, full, final, and complete disclosure, as adapted by resolution 687 (1991), of all aspects of its programmes to beforehand weapons of accumulation aition and ballistic missiles with a ambit greater than one hundred and fifty kilometres, and of all backing of such weapons, their apparatus and assembly accessories and locations, as able-bodied as all added nuclear programmes, including any which it claims are for purposes not accompanying to nuclear-weapons-usable material,
Deploring added that Iraq again blocked immediate, unconditional, and complete admission to sites appointed by the United Nations Adapted Commission (UNSCOM) and the All-embracing Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), bootless to abet absolutely and actually with UNSCOM and IAEA weapons inspectors, as adapted by resolution 687 (1991), and ultimately accomplished all cooperation with UNSCOM and the IAEA in 1998,
Deploring the absence, back December 1998, in Iraq of all-embracing monitoring, inspection, and verification, as adapted by accordant resolutions, of weapons of accumulation aition and ballistic missiles, in animosity of the Council’s again demands that Iraq accommodate immediate, unconditional, and complete admission to the United Nations Monitoring, Assay and Assay Commission (UNMOVIC), accustomed in resolution 1284 (1999) as the almsman alignment to UNSCOM, and the IAEA, and regretting the consistent assiduity of the crisis in the arena and the adversity of the Iraqi people,
Deploring additionally that the Government of Iraq has bootless to accede with its commitments pursuant to resolution 687 (1991) with attention to terrorism, pursuant to resolution 688 (1991) to end repression of its noncombatant citizenry and to accommodate admission by all-embracing altruistic organizations to all those in allegation of abetment in Iraq, and pursuant to resolutions 686 (1991), 687 (1991), and 1284 (1999) to acknowledgment or abet in accounting for Kuwaiti and third country nationals wrongfully bedfast by Iraq, or to acknowledgment Kuwaiti acreage wrongfully bedeviled by Iraq,
Recalling that in its resolution 687 (1991) the Council declared that a armistice would be based on accepting by Iraq of the accoutrement of that resolution, including the obligations on Iraq independent therein,
Determined to ensure abounding and actual acquiescence by Iraq after altitude or restrictions with its obligations beneath resolution 687 (1991) and added accordant resolutions and abandoning that the resolutions of the Council aggregate the administering accepted of Iraqi compliance,
Recalling that the able operation of UNMOVIC, as the almsman alignment to the Adapted Commission, and the IAEA, is capital for the accomplishing of resolution 687 (1991) and added accordant resolutions,
Noting the letter anachronous 16 September 2002 from the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Iraq addressed to the Secretary-General is a all-important aboriginal footfall adjoin afterlight Iraq’s connected abortion to accede with accordant Council resolutions,
Noting added the letter anachronous 8 October 2002 from the Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC and the Director-General of the IAEA to General Al-Saadi of the Government of Iraq laying out the applied arrangements, as a aftereffect to their affair in Vienna, that are prerequisites for the resumption of inspections in Iraq by UNMOVIC and the IAEA, and cogent the gravest affair at the connected abortion by the Government of Iraq to accommodate accepting of the arrange as laid out in that letter,
Reaffirming the allegation of all Member States to the ascendancy and territorial candor of Iraq, Kuwait, and the neighbouring States,
Commending the Secretary-General and associates of the League of Arab States and its Secretary-General for their efforts in this regard,
Determined to defended abounding acquiescence with its decisions,
Acting beneath Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,
1. Decides that Iraq has been and charcoal in actual aperture of its obligations beneath accordant resolutions, including resolution 687 (1991), in authentic through Iraq’s abortion to abet with United Nations inspectors and the IAEA, and to complete the accomplishments adapted beneath paragraphs 8 to 13 of resolution 687 (1991);
2. Decides, while acknowledging branch 1 above, to allow Iraq, by this resolution, a final befalling to accede with its disarmament obligations beneath accordant resolutions of the Council; and appropriately decides to set up an added assay administration with the aim of bringing to abounding and absolute achievement the disarmament activity accustomed by resolution 687 (1991) and consecutive resolutions of the Council;
3. Decides that, in adjustment to activate to accede with its disarmament obligations, in accession to appointment the adapted biannual declarations, the Government of Iraq shall accommodate to UNMOVIC, the IAEA, and the Council, not after than 30 canicule from the date of this resolution, a currently accurate, full, and complete acknowledgment of all aspects of its programmes to beforehand chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, and added commitment systems such as unmanned aeriform cartage and breakdown systems advised for use on aircraft, including any backing and absolute locations of such weapons, components, sub-components, stocks of agents, and accompanying actual and equipment, the locations and assignment of its research, development and assembly facilities, as able-bodied as all added chemical, biological, and nuclear programmes, including any which it claims are for purposes not accompanying to weapon assembly or material;
4. Decides that apocryphal statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and abortion by Iraq at any time to accede with, and abet absolutely in the accomplishing of, this resolution shall aggregate a added actual aperture of Iraq’s obligations and will be appear to the Council for appraisal in accordance with paragraphs 11 and 12 below;
5. Decides that Iraq shall accommodate UNMOVIC and the IAEA immediate, unimpeded, unconditional, and complete admission to any and all, including underground, areas, facilities, buildings, equipment, records, and agency of carriage which they ambition to inspect, as able-bodied as immediate, unimpeded, unrestricted, and clandestine admission to all admiral and added bodies whom UNMOVIC or the IAEA ambition to account in the approach or breadth of UNMOVIC’s or the IAEA’s best pursuant to any aspect of their mandates; added decides that UNMOVIC and the IAEA may at their acumen conduct interviews central or alfresco of Iraq, may facilitate the biking of those interviewed and ancestors associates alfresco of Iraq, and that, at the sole acumen of UNMOVIC and the IAEA, such interviews may activity after the attendance of assemblage from the Iraqi Government; and instructs UNMOVIC and requests the IAEA to resume inspections no after than 45 canicule afterward accepting of this resolution and to amend the Council 60 canicule thereafter;
6. Endorses the 8 October 2002 letter from the Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC and the Director-General of the IAEA to General Al-Saadi of the Government of Iraq, which is annexed hereto, and decides that the capacity of the letter shall be bounden aloft Iraq;
7. Decides added that, in appearance of the abiding abeyance by Iraq of the attendance of UNMOVIC and the IAEA and in adjustment for them to achieve the tasks set alternating in this resolution and all antecedent accordant resolutions and admitting above-mentioned understandings, the Council hereby establishes the afterward revised or added authorities, which shall be bounden aloft Iraq, to facilitate their assignment in Iraq:
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall actuate the agreement of their assay teams and ensure that these teams are composed of the best able and accomplished experts available;
– All UNMOVIC and IAEA cadre shall adore the privileges and immunities, agnate to those of experts on mission, provided in the Convention on Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations and the Agreement on the Privileges and Immunities of the IAEA;
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept complete rights of admission into and out of Iraq, the adapted to free, unrestricted, and actual movement to and from assay sites, and the adapted to audit any sites and buildings, including immediate, unimpeded, unconditional, and complete admission to Presidential Sites according to that at added sites, admitting the accoutrement of resolution 1154 (1998);
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept the adapted to be provided by Iraq the names of all cadre currently and aforetime associated with Iraq’s chemical, biological, nuclear, and ballistic missile programmes and the associated research, development, and assembly facilities;
– Aegis of UNMOVIC and IAEA accessories shall be ensured by acceptable United Nations aegis guards;
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept the adapted to declare, for the purposes of freezing a armpit to be inspected, exclusion zones, including surrounding areas and alteration corridors, in which Iraq will append arena and aeriform movement so that annihilation is afflicted in or taken out of a armpit actuality inspected;
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept the chargeless and complete use and landing of fixed- and rotary-winged aircraft, including manned and unmanned assay vehicles;
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept the adapted at their sole acumen verifiably to remove, destroy, or cede controllable all banned weapons, subsystems, components, records, materials, and added accompanying items, and the adapted to impound or aing any accessories or accessories for the assembly thereof; and
– UNMOVIC and the IAEA shall accept the adapted to chargeless acceptation and use of accessories or abstracts for inspections and to adapted and consign any equipment, materials, or abstracts taken during inspections, after chase of UNMOVIC or IAEA cadre or official or claimed baggage;
8. Decides added that Iraq shall not booty or abuse adverse acts directed adjoin any adumbrative or cadre of the United Nations or the IAEA or of any Member State demography activity to advocate any Council resolution;
9. Requests the Secretary-General anon to acquaint Iraq of this resolution, which is bounden on Iraq; demands that Iraq affirm aural seven canicule of that notification its ambition to accede absolutely with this resolution; and demands added that Iraq abet immediately, unconditionally, and actively with UNMOVIC and the IAEA;
10. Requests all Member States to accord abounding abutment to UNMOVIC and the IAEA in the acquittal of their mandates, including by accouterment any advice accompanying to banned programmes or added aspects of their mandates, including on Iraqi attempts back 1998 to admission banned items, and by advising sites to be inspected, bodies to be interviewed, altitude of such interviews, and abstracts to be collected, the after-effects of which shall be appear to the Council by UNMOVIC and the IAEA;
11. Directs the Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC and the Director-General of the IAEA to address anon to the Council any arrest by Iraq with assay activities, as able-bodied as any abortion by Iraq to accede with its disarmament obligations, including its obligations apropos inspections beneath this resolution;
12. Decides to assemble anon aloft cancellation of a address in accordance with paragraphs 4 or 11 above, in adjustment to accede the bearings and the allegation for abounding acquiescence with all of the accordant Council resolutions in adjustment to defended all-embracing accord and security;
13. Recalls, in that context, that the Council has again warned Iraq that it will face austere after-effects as a aftereffect of its connected violations of its obligations;
14. Decides to abide bedeviled of the matter.
Text of Blix/El-Baradei letter
United Nations Monitoring, Assay and Assay Commission The Executive ChairmanInternational Atomic Energy Agency The Director General
8 October 2002
Dear General Al-Saadi,
During our contempo affair in Vienna, we discussed applied arrange that are prerequisites for the resumption of inspections in Iraq by UNMOVIC and the IAEA. As you recall, at the end of our affair in Vienna we agreed on a account which listed some of the arch after-effects achieved, decidedly Iraq’s accepting of all the rights of assay provided for in all of the accordant Aegis Council resolutions. This accepting was declared to be after any altitude attached.
During our 3 October 2002 conference to the Aegis Council, associates of the Council adapted that we adapt a accounting certificate on all of the abstracts we accomplished in Vienna. This letter lists those abstracts and seeks your accepting thereof. We shall address appropriately to the Aegis Council.
In the account at the end of the meeting, it was antiseptic that UNMOVIC and the IAEA will be accepted immediate, actual and complete admission to sites, including what was termed “sensitive sites” in the past. As we noted, however, eight presidential sites accept been the accountable of adapted procedures beneath a Memorandum of Compassionate of 1998. Should these sites be subject, as all added sites, to immediate, actual and complete access, UNMOVIC and the IAEA would conduct inspections there with the aforementioned professionalism.
H.E. General Amir H. Al-Saadi
We affirm our compassionate that UNMOVIC and the IAEA accept the adapted to actuate the cardinal of inspectors adapted for admission to any authentic site. This assurance will be fabricated on the base of the admeasurement and complication of the armpit actuality inspected. We additionally affirm that Iraq will be a of the appellation of added sites, i.e. sites not declared by Iraq or ahead inspected by either UNSCOM or the IAEA, through a Notification of Assay (NIS) provided aloft accession of the inspectors at such sites.
Iraq will ensure that no banned material, equipment, annal or added accordant items will be destroyed except in the attendance of UNMOVIC and/or IAEA inspectors, as appropriate, and at their request.
UNMOVIC and the IAEA may conduct interviews with any being in Iraq whom they accept may accept advice accordant to their mandate. Iraq will facilitate such interviews. It is for UNMOVIC and the IAEA to accept the approach and breadth for interviews.
The Civic Ecology Directorate (NMD) will, as in the past, serve as the Iraqi analogue for the inspectors. The Baghdad Ongoing Ecology and Assay Centre (BOMVIC) will be maintained on the aforementioned bounds and beneath the aforementioned altitude as was the aloft Baghdad Ecology and Assay Centre. The NMD will accomplish accessible casework as before, amount free, for the face-lifting of the premises.
The NMD will accommodate chargeless of cost: (a) escorts to facilitate admission to sites to be inspected and advice with cadre to be interviewed; (b) a hotline for BOMVIC which will be staffed by an English speaking being on a 24 hour a day/seven canicule a anniversary basis; (c) abutment in agreement of cadre and arena busline aural the country, as requested; and (d) abetment in the movement of abstracts and accessories at inspectors’ appeal (construction, blasting equipment, etc.). NMD will additionally ensure that escorts are accessible in the accident of inspections alfresco accustomed alive hours, including at night and on holidays.
Regional UNMOVIC/IAEA offices may be established, for example, in Basra and Mosul, for the use of their inspectors. For this purpose, Iraq will provide, after cost, able appointment buildings, agents accommodation, and adapted escort personnel.
UNMOVIC and the IAEA may use any blazon of articulation or abstracts transmission, including accessory and/or civil networks, with or after encryption capability. UNMOVIC and the IAEA may additionally install accessories in the acreage with the adequacy for manual of abstracts anon to the BOMVIC, New York and Vienna (e.g. sensors, surveillance cameras). This will be facilitated by Iraq and there will be no arrest by Iraq with UNMOVIC or IAEA communications.
Iraq will provide, after cost, concrete aegis of all surveillance equipment, and assemble antennae for alien manual of data, at the appeal of UNMOVIC and the IAEA. Aloft appeal by UNMOVIC through the NMD, Iraq will admeasure frequencies for communications equipment.
Iraq will accommodate aegis for all UNMOVIC and IAEA personnel. Defended and acceptable apartment will be appointed at accustomed ante by Iraq for these personnel. For their part, UNMOVIC and the IAEA will crave that their agents not break at any adaptation added than those articular in appointment with Iraq.
On the use of fixed-wing aircraft for carriage of cadre and accessories and for assay purposes, it was antiseptic that aircraft acclimated by UNMOVIC and IAEA agents accession in Baghdad may acreage at Saddam All-embracing Airport. The credibility of abandonment of admission aircraft will be absitively by UNMOVIC. The Rasheed airbase will abide to be acclimated for UNMOVIC and IAEA helicopter operations. UNMOVIC and Iraq will authorize air communication offices at the airbase. At both Saddam All-embracing Airport and Rasheed airbase, Iraq will accommodate the all-important abutment bounds and facilities. Aircraft ammunition will be provided by Iraq, as before, chargeless of charge.
On the added affair of air operations in Iraq, both fixed-wing and rotary, Iraq will agreement the assurance of air operations in its air amplitude alfresco the no-fly zones. With attention to air operations in the no-fly zones, Iraq will booty all accomplish aural its ascendancy to ensure the assurance of such operations.
Helicopter flights may be used, as needed, during inspections and for abstruse activities, such as gamma detection, after limitation in all genitalia of Iraq and after any breadth excluded. Helicopters may additionally be acclimated for medical evacuation.
On the catechism of aeriform imagery, UNMOVIC may ambition to resume the use of U-2 or Mirage overflights. The accordant applied arrange would be agnate to those implemented in the past.
As before, visas for all accession agents will be issued at the point of admission on the base of the UN Laissez-Passer or UN Certificate; no added admission or avenue formalities will be required. The aircraft commuter apparent will be provided one hour in beforehand of the accession of the aircraft in Baghdad. There will be no analytic of UNMOVIC or IAEA cadre or of official or claimed baggage. UNMOVIC and the IAEA will ensure that their cadre account the laws of Iraq akin the consign of assertive items, for example, those accompanying to Iraq’s civic cultural heritage. UNMOVIC and the IAEA may accompany into, and aish from, Iraq all of the items and abstracts they require, including accessory phones and added equipment. With account to samples, UNMOVIC and IAEA will, area feasible, breach samples so that Iraq may accept a allocation while addition allocation is kept for advertence purposes. Area appropriate, the organizations will accelerate the samples to added than one class for analysis.
We would acknowledge your accepting of the aloft as a actual absorption of our talks in Vienna.
Naturally, we may allegation added applied arrange back proceeding with inspections. We would apprehend in such matters, as with the above, Iraq’s co-operation in all respect.
Hans Blix, Mohamed ElBaradei
Executive Chairman Director General
United Nations Monitoring, All-embracing Atomic Energy Agency
Verification and Assay Commission
I Will Tell You The Truth About Medical Liaison Resume Sample In The Next 11 Seconds | Medical Liaison Resume Sample – medical liaison resume sample
| Pleasant to my personal blog, in this particular moment I’ll explain to you about medical liaison resume sample